1. Drain, Paul K et al. Diagnostic point-of-care tests in resource-limited settings. Lancet Infectious Diseases (2014)14: 239-249.
2. Peeling, RW and Mabey, D. Point-of-care tests for diagnosing infections in the developing world. Clin Microbiol Infect. (2010)16:1062–1069.
3. Kettler H, White K, Hawkes S. WHO/TDR, Mapping the landscape of diagnostics for sexually transmitted infections. 2004.
4. DuBois JA. The role of POCT and rapid testing. Here is an overview of an evolving approach to direct patient care. MLO Med Lab Obs. (2013) Sep;45(9):18, 20, 22.
5. Ralf Junker, Harald Schlebusch, Peter B. Luppa. Point-of-Care Testing in Hospitals and Primary Care. Dtsch Arztebl Int. (2010) 107:561–567. Published online 2010 Aug 20. doi: 10.3238/arztebl.2010.0561
6. Wagar, E.A., et al. Point-of-Care Testing: Twenty Years’ Experience. Lab Medicine. (2008) 39:560-563. . DOI: 10.1309/9R9Y0V68Y3BA0KDN
7. Mueller C, Scholer A, Laule-Lilian K, et al. Use of B-type natriuretic peptide in the evaluation and management of acute dyspnea. N Engl J Med. 2004
8. Urdea M, Penny LA, Olmsted SS, Giovanni MY, Kaspar P, Shepherd A, Wilson P, Dahl CA, Buchsbaum S, Moeller G, Hay Burgess DC. Nature. (2006) Nov 23; 444 Suppl 1:73-79.
9. Crocker, J. Benjamin, et al. Implementation of Point-of-Care Testing in an Ambulatory Practice of an Academic Medical Center. Am J Clin Pathol (2014), 142:640-646.
10. Pottie K, Medu O, Welch V, et al. Effect of rapid HIV testing on HIV incidence and services in populations at high risk for HIV exposure: an equity-focused systematic review. BMJ Open. (2014) 15:e006859.
11. Wynberg E et al. Impact of point-of-care CD4 testing on linkage to HIV care: a systematic review. Journal of the International AIDS Society (2014)17:18809-18815.
12. Veronica Egbunike and Sally Gerard. The Impact of Point-of-Care A1C Testing on Provider Compliance and A1C Levels in a Primary Setting. (2013) The Diabetes Educator 39:66-73.
13. Rooney, Kevin D and Schilling, Ulf Martin. Point-of-care testing in the overcrowded emergency department – can it make a difference? (2014) Critical Care 18:692-699
14. Lewandrowski, Kent, et al. Implementation of Point-of-Care Rapid Urine Testing for Drugs of Abuse in the Emergency Department of an Academic Medical Center. Impact on Test Utilization and ED Length of Stay. (2008) Am J Clin Pathol 129:796-801.